One of the most exciting developments with regards to Apple is the announcement of a possible partnership with IBM. The whole community are eagerly awaiting for further development on what this partnership will bring to the mobile technology world. One thing is sure though; there will be more exciting applications to be introduced in 2015. While waiting for this partnership to develop further, let us discuss some exciting iOS apps to look forward to in 2015 first.
This application will make you stay connected with your money. Some of the interesting features are:
- Auto show of your Quicken budget
- Attachment of receipts to transactions
- User friendly graphs
- Warning and alerts systems for changes in accounts
If you have problems with scanners and how you wish you have one that is not bulky and allows your iOS gadget to scan documents for easy facilitation of work while on the move. Camscanner is the application you need if you want your iOS device to perform like a scanner.
This application is going to be the most exciting travel app. Here are the reasons why:
- It serves 50 countries.
- Can book you a taxi.
- Paypal and credit cards are accepted as mode of payment.
Previously, you can only manage pictures with your desktop. But Adobe has shown that your iPad, iPhone, or iPod can be also used to edit pictures. Adobe apps for mobile can even edit and remove distracting particles from your pictures.
In this application, news and online content are presented in one location. It is embedded with RSS features which enable you to customise news and blog content you would like to receive.
If you want to be really organised this year, this free application is a must for you. Evernote app promises to be a big help to your productivity. The most important feature offered by this app is its ability to synchronise all your stored files when you save it to a cloud provider. It will no longer be difficult for you to remember details because of this application.
As mobile screens become bigger, curating content from your favourite sites and social network is no longer a headache. You can create your own digital magazine pages through this application.
If you are a huge movie fan but find it difficult to recall movie titles or actors in a particular movie or TV show, let IMDb app help you figure them out. The application is also capable of finding movies shown nearest your location and buy movie tickets.
This app let you reserve tables in your favourite restaurant. An added bonus is you can use your Apple Pay feature in your iPhone 6 to pay for dinner through this app.
Enjoy these exciting apps for 2015!
Parenting involves a lot of skills; it is not easy to become a parent. With so many things to attend to including preparing as well as cooking meals, working in the office, helping with children’s assignments, attending parent’s school meetings, consulting with teachers, and completing different household chores, one needs far more than wisdom to successfully manage all tasks. Fortunately, the evolution of electronic gadgets has helped parents balance time between work and family life. The iPad for one is a secret tool that parents can use to accomplish parental roles easily.
There are countless iPad applications for parenting but these are our top suggestions:
Baby Connect is one of the most comprehensive tracking iPad applications for babies. It is loaded with important categories for taking care of babies from feeding to administering medication. It is like having a medical profile, a diary, and schedule matrix rolled into one. With this app, you do not need to keep too many profile files for your kids and easily reach them when you need it.
Controlling Sleep Time
Sleepasaurus is an ideal sleeping partner for toddlers who have inconsistent sleeping habits. Kids can select from any of the seven baby dinosaurs and let them sprinkle magic dust for sleeping before they go to bed. When the dinosaur is asleep, it won’t wake up not until the alarm sets off. It has also bedtime music.
Teaching Kids to Write
L’Escapadou’s Writing Wizard was created to assist children when learning how to write via methods that will keep them interested. It can be configured to complement writing needs and check progress. It has 26 animated sound effects and sticker for them to trace too.
Feeding Your Family
Food on the Table helps mom or dad prepare weekly meals that are chef guaranteed and suited according to personal preferences. It also helps find groceries for ingredients and organise grocery shopping list.
Monitoring Child’s Progress
Babies grow and what a wonderful application Parenting Ages & Stages is. You get all the information needed about kids in different ages and stages. Just add your children’s photo in the apps to customise and receive information about a child’s development.
Reading to Your Kids at Bedtime
MeeGenius is virtually a library on books for kids. It contains several bedtime story books which you can read to your kids or let them read to make their imaginations run creatively.
Helping Kids with Assignments
The dictionary is one of the most important reference books from childhood even up to the twilight years of an individual. As your kids start to discover new words, it is your obligation as a parent to help them with vocabulary. In relation to that, Merriam Webster Apps is an application that do not only defines words but give sample sentences and find antonyms synonyms, among others.
Controlling Gadget Habit
ParentKit is a helpful tool for scheduling and gaining control over kids’ device. It acts as a remote control for gadgets where you can monitor usage, purchase of apps, and other activities within the device. This is useful when your children are too minor to search the Internet. You can permit them to go online but you can also shut down applications, websites and games during study time.
Monitoring Social Media Usage
There are iPad applications that let you know almost everything about your kid’s activity in social media. You will know whom they are friends with and how much time they spend on social networks like Facebook for example. You can also restrict inappropriate texts and images and be alerted of your kid’s restricted activity. Some apps also have a map so that parents can trace children’s whereabouts and even instantly seek help in case of emergency situations.
Even adults need restrictions when it comes to watching movies. Kids in Mind provide detailed information on movies. This way, you can decide whether your kids can watch a certain movie or not. It has more than 3,000 film reviews with ratings attached in the data base. It has weekly updates on new movies with reviews and ratings as well.
Attending to Home Routines
Doing housework repeatedly can be annoying for parents. The good news is that there are applications that will make it easier to complete household tasks by creating a checklist of routine jobs and select a specific schedule when you want these to be done. Once completed, the list is refreshed. It can be synchronised with other devices too so the entire family know their obligations as well.
Organising Family Activities
Family life has countless activities and in order for each family member to have common agenda every time, the Cozi Family Organizer can help. It has a shopping list for sharing, to do list, status reports on activities, and a lot more. It can be considered as a toolbox for parents integrated in an iPad.
The iPad is indeed an amazing tool for parents to manage and monitor not only kids but also different household and personal matters. As a word of caution though, bear in mind that these applications are just tools to make some parental roles and activities easier to deal with. But these are not solutions against family quarrels, to rear up children positively, promote healthy family relationship, and become the best parent in the world. There are other factors involved in maintaining a harmonious family relationship and you cannot consult your iPad for that. Communication and understanding still play a great role in family life.
Parenting is a stressful job but not if your iPhone is equipped with essential applications. Here is a list of suggestions for you to consider.
This app helps locate all types of establishments within your proximity. It also features a mapping function and allows you to send and share information with others.
My365 is your mobile family album that allows uploading images even when on the go. The app is also easy to use; saving and categorising photographs is a breeze.
Mynd Calendar App
This can be considered as one of the best calendar apps around. It’s built for busy parents and comes with functions like alert systems and a conference call button.
Walkie-talkies are not yet a thing of the past. This application proves it by letting you hear your family’s voices when you travel. You can also leave instant messages when you find it hard to compose long and complicated reminders.
This is your ideal app when you want to control and monitor email messages of your kids. Configuration options can prevent email setup, turn off email access, and lock an email account. It works not only for emails but for other types of content as well such as movies, applications, and web pages.
It’s the ever reliable virtual nanny which you can configure to block undesirable things over the Internet like nudity, graphic sex, morbid violence, death, and other mature content. With this app, you can be confident that kids at home are glued on computers safe and secure.
If you want quick note taking without the hassle of account login, folder saving, and finding your way through the options list, then this application is for you. One interesting feature is that you can write notes and send them to your email accounts pronto and retrieve it later.
It merges functions of your iPhone Calendar Events and Reminder into one helpful application so you won’t miss appointments and other scheduled activities for the day, week, or a month.
Quick first aide guide is now at your finger tips. Install this app and learn about treating emergencies, childhood ailments, and other common household injuries or illnesses.
American Red Cross First Aid App
This app features a comprehensive guide on almost every imaginable emergency situations such as typhoon, earthquake, other calamities, and household incidents that need immediate attention. It features first aid solutions for a broken arm, bee stings, fracture joints, poisoning, animal bites, and so much more. What makes it very helpful is that it has preloaded images, videos, and illustrations that can be accessed even if you are not connected to the Internet.
With this application, parents have references at their fingertips when looking for signs and symptoms of several common diseases, making it easier to figure out what illness their children are suffering from. This is just an instant resource though and not a replacement for actual doctors.
Find My Kids
With this application, parents can track their kids’ whereabouts automatically. You can have data on a child’s destination and time of arrival. It is also secure to use because data is kept confidential and limited between you and your kids only.
These essential iPhone applications make parents confident that their children are safe and secure always whether they are at home or not.
People have differing notions on housewives. There are those who think that being a housewife is an obligation, not a job, while some believe that it is a career or vocation. Regardless of which side you’re on, there’s no doubt that a housewife’s job is something which not every wife can do. It requires qualifications, skills, and demands which can sometimes drive them nuts. This is where the iPad enters the picture. Here are recommended iPad apps to make life easier for housewives.
Basic Apps Needed
These are free embedded apps which is a must for a housewives’ iPad home screen.
- The Alarm is on top of the list. It has to be configured so as to make it more exciting like associating different ring tones for each day, hour, or task.
- Calendar and Schedule to help female masters at home figure out what lies ahead for the day. In relation to this purpose, Planner app is also useful especially when there are so many things to attend to inside and outside the home.
- Calculator can easily calculate the day’s budget or compare prices easily when shopping for groceries or hiring services for home repairs.
- Social Media Apps keeps women updated with their loop of friends while waiting for the kettle to percolate, the oven to buzz, and family members to wake up for breakfast.
- Yahoo Entertainment Apps is highly suggested to be up-to-date with the latest news, entertainment scoops, current events, sports, weather, travel bits, and other stories of interest for house makers.
- All Recipes app must not be omitted. Think of the satisfaction derived from family members and guests after eating your prepared sumptuous meals. Another related app is the Green Kitchen which helps create vegetarian meals.
Advanced Apps Needed During the Day
These are not the usual apps but are equally important.
- Services finder is needed when you want to locate the nearest plumber, handyman, doctors, or even when searching for secret recipes. There are several services finder apps that you can download for free.
- Google Earth is a great help after finding service providers. This will provide nearly accurate estimates on location and travel time.
- Catalog Spree makes window shopping more convenient as housewives can enjoy browsing the latest in fashion, diet, food, and what have you. The app will keep them busy during idle time.
- Dropbox makes browsing through memorabilia like photos easy. No need to scour through cob webs and family albums in the attic. Enjoy relieving family history through images saved in Dropbox.
- TV Guide prevents switching channels. Through this app, you’ll know what’s on the boob tube at specific channels and time slots, making it easier to adjust schedules so household chores won’t interfere with TV shows and vice versa.
- iBooks lets you relax and enjoy the latest bestsellers or free books after finishing all household chores.
- Instapaper. When you have spotted interesting news and other lengthy online reading materials, just click the “read later” button to let the app download and format the viewing specs to your screen so you can read the item later when you’re no longer busy.
- Soap Opera HD keeps you updated with guilty pleasure on soaps. Get the latest schedules, summary, and gossips on your favourite soap actors and shows. Surely, crying your heart out for failing to catch up with the latest is no longer an issue through this app.
- Yo Mama Jokes makes your day via its carefully selected jokes. It is fun to have an icebreaker during a phone conversation, house visits with friends, or just simply making your day less stressful by reading or memorising some of the humorous entries in this app.
- EBay for iPad enables convenient shopping especially when you want to look for bargain items for your homes.
- Mint Com helps you manage personal finance by tracking, budgeting, and organising money in one app.
Do note that iPad applications recommended here are either free or paid. But whether you are a full time housewife or a working mother, these applications can definitely make life easier for you.