People have differing notions on housewives. There are those who think that being a housewife is an obligation, not a job, while some believe that it is a career or vocation. Regardless of which side you’re on, there’s no doubt that a housewife’s job is something which not every wife can do. It requires qualifications, skills, and demands which can sometimes drive them nuts. This is where the iPad enters the picture. Here are recommended iPad apps to make life easier for housewives.
Basic Apps Needed
These are free embedded apps which is a must for a housewives’ iPad home screen.
- The Alarm is on top of the list. It has to be configured so as to make it more exciting like associating different ring tones for each day, hour, or task.
- Calendar and Schedule to help female masters at home figure out what lies ahead for the day. In relation to this purpose, Planner app is also useful especially when there are so many things to attend to inside and outside the home.
- Calculator can easily calculate the day’s budget or compare prices easily when shopping for groceries or hiring services for home repairs.
- Social Media Apps keeps women updated with their loop of friends while waiting for the kettle to percolate, the oven to buzz, and family members to wake up for breakfast.
- Yahoo Entertainment Apps is highly suggested to be up-to-date with the latest news, entertainment scoops, current events, sports, weather, travel bits, and other stories of interest for house makers.
- All Recipes app must not be omitted. Think of the satisfaction derived from family members and guests after eating your prepared sumptuous meals. Another related app is the Green Kitchen which helps create vegetarian meals.
Advanced Apps Needed During the Day
These are not the usual apps but are equally important.
- Services finder is needed when you want to locate the nearest plumber, handyman, doctors, or even when searching for secret recipes. There are several services finder apps that you can download for free.
- Google Earth is a great help after finding service providers. This will provide nearly accurate estimates on location and travel time.
- Catalog Spree makes window shopping more convenient as housewives can enjoy browsing the latest in fashion, diet, food, and what have you. The app will keep them busy during idle time.
- Dropbox makes browsing through memorabilia like photos easy. No need to scour through cob webs and family albums in the attic. Enjoy relieving family history through images saved in Dropbox.
- TV Guide prevents switching channels. Through this app, you’ll know what’s on the boob tube at specific channels and time slots, making it easier to adjust schedules so household chores won’t interfere with TV shows and vice versa.
- iBooks lets you relax and enjoy the latest bestsellers or free books after finishing all household chores.
- Instapaper. When you have spotted interesting news and other lengthy online reading materials, just click the “read later” button to let the app download and format the viewing specs to your screen so you can read the item later when you’re no longer busy.
- Soap Opera HD keeps you updated with guilty pleasure on soaps. Get the latest schedules, summary, and gossips on your favourite soap actors and shows. Surely, crying your heart out for failing to catch up with the latest is no longer an issue through this app.
- Yo Mama Jokes makes your day via its carefully selected jokes. It is fun to have an icebreaker during a phone conversation, house visits with friends, or just simply making your day less stressful by reading or memorising some of the humorous entries in this app.
- EBay for iPad enables convenient shopping especially when you want to look for bargain items for your homes.
- Mint Com helps you manage personal finance by tracking, budgeting, and organising money in one app.
Do note that iPad applications recommended here are either free or paid. But whether you are a full time housewife or a working mother, these applications can definitely make life easier for you.